Saturday, March 8, 2008

Good morning! I am home alone and it is delightful indeed! Highlights from the word today: In Leviticus 25 I've read about the year of Jubilee and have pondered over this as I am approaching my 50th year. I'm reminded again, as I continue to read, on the importance of resting; it is a direct command from our God to take a break and rest. I am, as you probably are also, in desparate need to embrace God's life giving principle of rest and renewal. Further on I read in Numbers this blessing: "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace," from Numbers 6:24-26. Then once again in Numbers 12:23, "The Lord answered Andrea, "Is the Lord's are too short?" as I pondered on the complexities of our lives. God is good and his word is downright fun!


On to food and the way we eat.... Many folks ask me, "Well, what do you eat?" So I am going to diary a bit (a bite?) on what I eat. Is this an okay format to present this in though, you experieneced bloggers, you?

Yesterday for breakfast I had 1/2 cup of Old Fashioned oatmeat doctored up (made more palatable) with chopped walnuts, chopped apples, generous pat of butter and real maple syrup to sweeten. Yummy!!

Mid morning snack: 1 small banana and 2 T. of real peanut butter

Lunch: A salad with romaine, spinach, broccoli, carrots, apple, nuts topped with carmalized onions and sauteed chicken. I ate it dry with no dressing. Deliciouso!!

Mid afternoon snack: 1 tangelo (I ususually eat more than this but was distracted by the blog.)

Supper: Talapia gently cooked in olive oil with salt, pepper, dried parsley, 1/2 cup of coleslaw, one ear of corn with butter.

Snack: Popcorn with butter. (I usually eat more than this at night but was not hungry.)

Remember I am on my budget and am eating what we have stored up and forced to use my creativity.


Is this TMI?????


So far today,

Breakfast: grits made with chicken broth, cheese, spicy Italian chicken sausage with a dollop of whole sour cream, 2 eggs, salt and pepper and sauteed onion. Yummers and cheap!

Mid morning snack: Tuna fish with diced celery, onion, peppers, apple, nuts, etc. with mayonnaise.

Through out yesterday and today, my beverages have consisted of water, red zinger tea from Celestial Seasonings, warm water with 1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). You are supposed to mix 1 T. of honey with the 1 T. of ACV but I'm out of honey.


On to detoxing....Friend Janet and/or Wendy mentioned the concept of "No-Poo" a couple of months ago and I finally had time to research it a little. We've all suspected it and, yes, our suspicions are accurate: shampoo has all kinds of garbage in it that strips your hair of oils and one must then buy the conditioner product to add the oils back in. Sound familiar??? Same thing they do to our food!! So I've gone shampoo less 2 weeks ago. I have washed my hair 3 times in 2 weeks. There is a 2 week period where your hair might be drab looking as it detoxs and as your natural oils are allowed to shine, so to speak! Google No Poo and see what you get! I have chosen to wash my hair with 1 T of baking soda mixed with 1 cup of warm water. I massage this mixture in and then rinse it out. A suggested rinse was 1 T of our new buddy ACV

in one cup of cold water. And then rinse further to help dissipate the smell. I am letting my hair air dry. It has looked pretty good thus far. Somewhat lusterless. Very soft. My critic friends at work are carefully monitoring my progress. I am also deoderant less and lotionless for the same reasons. I do use Burt's Bees lotion on my body.



1 comment:

Ashlyn said...

Talapia-- good!

Your meals are not TMI, and they sound good, not to much, but enough to make you full-- know what I mean?

I have posted new on my blog, FYI, and you might enjoy reading my post.
g2g now, love ya,
Ash