Wednesday, April 30, 2008

No Poo Update

For those who want an update on my 2 month old science experiment with abstaining from using shampoo.... The recommendations from my reading off the web did not work for this momma. Here is what is working: I use 1 T. of baking soda in warm water to wash my hair. I wet my hair with warm water, turn off the shower and massage my soda mixture into my hair and scalp for a minute or so. Then I rinse thoroughly with warm water. Then I close out with cold water to close the cuticles. My hair looks beautiful today and is holding a curl nicely. It will likely look clean for at least 3 days and sometimes more. The Apple Cider Vinegar rinse used according to directions left my hair waxy feeling and dull looking and made me feel grimy and grumpy. For what it's worth....

No comments: