Monday, April 7, 2008

Perfect Peace

My grandmother's favorite Bible verse was in Isaiah 26:3 and reads from the KJV "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee because he trusts in Thee." Perfect peace should not be elusive. It is highly attainable by simply doing the will of God. But first you have to know for yourself what God's will is. You gotta read The Word and meditate on it yourself. Papa's favorite verse: Psalm 19:14, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Words and thoughts. We've got to take this dynamic duo captive sisters!!! "I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me," Psalm 3:5. "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety," Psalm 4:8. "In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat-for he grants sleep to those he loves." I am off to sleepy land. Sweet sleep to you all. Love, Andi Kaye

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love reading your blog, keep the posts coming! I'm a little sad about the car...I have memories in that car, too! We drove a few miles in it together back in the day, didn't we?!

Love you!